MISSION STATEMENT: The Massachusetts Lobstermen’s Association is a member-driven organization that accepts and supports the interdependence of species conservation and the members’ collective economic interests.
The Massachusetts Lobstermen’s Association was established in 1963 by the fishermen, for the fishermen, and is presently the leading commercial fishing industry association in New England. On behalf of the 1,800 members, the MLA works to maintain both the industry and the resource. The MLA strives to be proactive on issues affecting the lobster industry and is active in the management process at both the state and federal levels. The MLA communicates with its members through a monthly newspaper, email list, Facebook, Twitter and attendance at meetings. For the past 51 years, the MLA has become a trustworthy voice for the industry on important issues, and is looked to by both the fishing industry and the management community.
BETH CASONI GETS PROMOTED TO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Massachusetts Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) is proud to announce the promotion of Beth Casoni to the position of Executive Director. Beth has been working as Associate Executive Director for the past 3 years working hard at building relationships both within the industry and elsewhere for the Association. She has proven herself to be a valuable asset for the Association’s future. Sometimes the answers to your questions are closer than you think and in this case it became obvious Beth was the right person for the job. Already in the mix of the daily running of the office and fielding concerns regarding industry issues, she took the initiative to reach out to fishermen to gain knowledge and understanding of what the fishermen’s needs were. Demonstrating the willingness to go that extra mile, along with her skills, her think on your feet and self start attitude, made our decision an easy one. From marketing initiatives, engine repower programs, TAA, chasing down the latest scoop on bait supply as well as lobster management and whale issues, Beth has been an asset to all our members. I am confident that Beth will perform her duties with the integrity and professionalism that MLA has enjoyed for many years. Welcome aboard Beth !!!
VIDEOS ON THE LOBSTERING AND THE INDUSTRY HERE IN MASSACHUSETTS
- Lobster fishing Gloucester, MA
- DMF Spring trawl survey May 2013 off Hull, MA
- Senator Begich (R-AK) Press conference for National SeafoodMarketing Coalition video and article
- Lobster Day at the State House 2012
- Inside a lobster pot in Boston Harbor
- How to measure a lobster
- MLA Sec/Tres Dave Casoni Talks Lobsters with Mish Michaels
- MLA Sec/Tres Talks Lobster with Emeril
- Steve Holler f/v November Gail talks with Chronicle HD
- It is now “LEGAL” to purchase lobster tails in Massachusetts READ MORE….
NEWS ARTICLES ON THE LOBSTERING AND THE INDUSTRY HERE IN MASSACHUSETTS
- Boston Magazine Article April 2012
- Wave Conditions Block Island NOAA Buoy Map
- 2009 Lobster Stock Assessment Report
- Socioeconomic Survey on the Lobster Industry
- Massachusetts Lobster Fishing – The Right Way
- LobsterTales with Dave Casoni
- USCG Regulation updates
- Marine Radio Requirment updates
- Senator Scott Brown applauds MLA
- A Proclamation from Massachusetts Governor Deval L. Patrick